Tūaropaki Trust is pleased to announce the Tūaropaki Internship Programme for the summer of 2023 – 2024. (Applications will be sought in due course.)
This year Tūaropaki Trust will offer up to 10 internal and external paid summer internship placements. These will run from November 2023 – February 2024. This opportunity is open to Tūaropaki owners, descendants and beneficiaries of Whānau Trusts.
These placements are in multiple disciplines and have in past years been located in: Taupō, Auckland, Wellington, Hamilton and Christchurch.
Successful applicants will receive:
- A full internship induction;
- Paid practical experience in their field of study or interest;
- Targeted development opportunities; and
- Opportunities to reconnect to the Trust through events and initiatives.
More information on the partners, the placements and their locations will be available when applications open.
- Meet the eligibility criteria*;
- Complete and submit the online application form:
- Complete and submit the required Owner Endorsement form: and
- Submit all required supporting documentation**.
* Eligibility Criteria
- be an Owner, a descendant of a living Owner, or a beneficiary of a registered Whānau Trust of Tūaropaki E
- currently be in the second year (200 level) or above of your degree at a recognised tertiary instititution in Aotearoa/New Zealand or have already completed a degree at a recognised tertiary institution, and
- commit to, and be available for, full-time work from November 2023 to February 2024
** Supporting Documentation
- Photo ID (Passport, Driver's Licence)
- Full Birth Certificate(s) of every generation from the applicant to the Owner endorsing the application (NB we do not need the Owner's birth certificate, we only require the applicant's and the generations in between)
- Completed Owner Endorsement
- Confirmation of Enrolment
- Official Academic Transcript
- Current CV; and
Tūaropaki Trust has been committed to building the capability of our people, and facilitating pathways to greater opportunities. The Tūaropaki Internship Programme is your chance to learn more about the Trust, develop your skills and kickstart your career.
Katrina Rakena, Tūaropaki intern at Auckland Transport 2022 “My aspiration now is to use my knowledge to help create better opportunities for my whānau and local community. I am privileged and take comfort in knowing that Tūaropaki Trust is creating better opportunities for their people and this aligns to my own aspirations for my whanau. Overall, it has been a rewarding opportunity to do an internship with Tūaropaki.”
An application period for the 2023/24 internship programme will be advertised in due course.
If you require further information – please contact
Tel: (07) 376 2500 or 0800 376 2500